Thursday, August 18, 2011

August 18th

Today my team was a part of the education group. Most of the kids can be very difficult, because they want to go play with their friends, but there was one little boy that made it totally worth it. His name is Manish, and he is adorable. We got through his division exercises very quickly, seeing as he is a very smart kid. He then had me draw Elmo on his hand. He laughed at my drawing, and then proceeded to draw Elmo on my hand as well. Then he told me he was going to draw me. Every few seconds he would look up at me, and then continue drawing me. For a third grader, it was pretty good. He gave me a huge hug after we were done with the session, and ran off. It really warmed my heart. He is by far my favorite kid here. Nagaraj is one of the more athletic kids, and he kicked my butt in soccer AND basketball today. Each Thursday is talent day, which is where you teach the kids how to do something cool. Today was Roger's day and he taught the kids how to make duct tape wallets, which is ironic because my talent will be teaching them how to make bracelets out of duct tape

1 comment: