Monday, August 22, 2011

August 21st

Today we ventured to the Lotus Palace, which is a architectural masterpiece. It is made out of white material (my best guess is that it is marble) and is very quiet inside. It was built as a place for worship and meditation, and is extremely spacious on the inside. We then went to a place that offers camel and elephant rides. I had my picture taken with a monkey in a fancy shirt, who was sitting on my lap. Then I rode an elephant with one of the other volunteers. It was such an amazing experience. Unfortunately, the animals are all severely mistreated, and I felt pretty bad taking advantage of such beautiful creatures. We then continued our marvelous bus ride (insert sarcasm), which was only bearable due to Kephren and Anna rapping at the front of the tour bus. 

No comments:

Post a Comment