Monday, August 29, 2011

August 23rd and 24th I Guess..

Today I was exhausted all day long. I got up at 8:30 am for Morning Conclave, which is just a meeting where the coordinators tell you what to expect in the colonies or in the school that day and any other important announcements regarding the group as a whole. Today, the Shatki group went out to a colony for medic, and their ulcers were by far the worst I have seen. We then went back home, where I slept through play time. At six we got up and went out for parota, which is sort of like a tortilla with this weird spicy green sauce. At family time, I played soccer with a tennis ball, which is actually quite fun. Back at the Elephant House we watched a Bollywood film called Three Idiots. Bollywood is India's equivalent to Hollywood, but is much better. The great thing about Bollywood movies is that they take you through a full scale of emotions. For example, in Three Idiots, it goes from singing about fixing this guy's science experiment, to finding the same man dead in his dorm room. Its very intense. The reason that this post is a mash-up of the 23rd and 24th is due to the fact that my friend Kylie and I stayed up all night long, and the days' events sort of got blurred together. Anyways.. I was on the education crew on the 24th, whichever day that was. It went really well and shockingly enough I wasn't tired whatsoever. Unfortunately, I was messing with my camera and messed up the settings and whatnot, so, being me, I hit reformat. It deleted every single picture that I had taken within the last ten days. Trying to be the optomist I have become, I realized that everyone else on the Agra trip had the same pictures I had, along with all the other pictures of me in the colonies. To make my day just a little bit worse, I was being unattentive and I fell into a concrete ditch type thing and hurt my leg. Later, at family time, Ashuk (one of the older kids) kicked it on accident, which made it erupt with a fresh wave of pain; which lasted about two hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment